Well, holiday season is in full swing and the children have been waiting for the festive season & time off from their daily routines all year! So, now that the school holidays are upon us, you may be asking yourself, “how do I keep the children entertained?”
Here at Party Barn, we know all too well how ‘filling up the days’ can be tricky and the days can seem long! We have put together a ” School Holiday Hacks” list of thing to keep you and the children occupied all through the holiday season at low cost and that are highly effective.
- Have a picnic. This is a fun, free way to get out and about into the sunshine and let the kids run wild! Pack a healthy picnic hamper and hit the beach, local park or go for a longer drive to picnic amongst some nature!
- Encourage the children to help you with the gardening. Productive and enjoying the time at home to get things done together!
- Go for a bike ride. Try to choose a quieter road, pathway or area, to make this stress free and fun.
- Make puppets or get crafty! Bring out all the arts and crafts, set it up under some shade outside and let the children create magic until their hearts are content!
- Create a home theatre or cinema. Set up the lounge room with blankets and pillows, popcorn and soft toys to create a cozy home cinema feeling, playing the best holiday movies all day long!
- Beach it! The beach is such a perfect way to spend the morning or afternoon, depending on the weather. Pack lots of water, fresh fruit, hats and sunscreen! Slip, slop, slap.
- Visit a local animal farm or zoo. Always a winner for most ages!
- Visit the library. Everyone needs quiet time. See what your local library offers in terms of latest books and DVD’s to rent out.
- Paint a shirt! Grab an old plain t-shirt and some fabric paint and see how creative your little ones can be.
- Bake! Who doesn’t love cooking? Not the cooking type? Pre-packed cookies and cakes are perfect to bake up with children. Always a bonus when you can eat the creations too.
We hope this helps you get through the holiday season and fill up the days with fun, low cost and inclusive activities for all the family!
Happy Holidays from all of us at Party Barn!